The Center for Domestic Violence Prevention offers these services:
- 24-hour support line: 650-312-8515
All services in the Agency are accessed through the support line. Counselors are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Community Support Group
A place to get support from other women experiencing domestic violence. Facilitated by a counselor trained in domestic violence.
- Children't art/play therapy
Individual sessions for children, ages 2-17, provided by a registered art therapist. A safe, nurturing environment for children to process feelings and issues surrounding family violence.
- Crisis intervention counseling
Short-term counseling provided by trained staff and volunteers.
- Clinical Counseling
Therapy provided by trained interns under the supervision of a licensed therapist. Deeper core issues which have preceded domestic violence are explored.
- Legal Assistance
Assistance with paperwork to obtain domestic violence restraining orders. Preparation for and accompaniment to court hearings.
- Shelter Program
The goal is to support women in their goals of living independently and free of violence. The 6-8 week program consists of:
- Individual counseling and support groups
- Assistance with job search, child care, permanent housing
- Legal assistance with restraining orders
- Children's art therapy; children's tutoring, counseling, and computer education program