Domestic Violence Prevention
DVP is the only agency in San Mateo County offering in-house counseling
and support services to residents in our shelter program. We are committed
to ending the inter-generational cycle of violence.
Our 24-hour support line: 650-312-8515.
Are you in an abusive relationship?
Are you being . . .
- openly criticized or humiliated, ridiculed for your
beliefs, silenced in public either with words or an expression
- punched, shoved, slapped, bitten, kicked, choked, beaten, forced to have sex
- threatened that your kids will be kidnapped or taken away if you leave or call the police
- subjected to emotional blackmail or threats of suicide, threatened to be "outed" to your family or job, verbally berated, threatened with violence towards your pets, interrogated about past lovers or lovers he/she thinks you have
You have the right to . . .
- be in a safe, non-violent home; provide a healthy environment for yourself and your children
- expect honesty and accountability from your partner, be respected for your opinions
- have free contact with friends, family, or to pursue your interests sexuria
- be respected as an individual; have a safe and mutually respectful sexual life
- control your own life and to change it if you are not happy with it
- live a life free of violence
What is domestic violence?
An escalating pattern of abuse in a relationship which occurs between
husbands & wives, boyfriends & girlfriends, same-sex partners, parents & grown children in the household. Coercive behavior that seeks to control and exercise power over another - can include one or all of the following: emotional/verbal abuse, physical abuse, sexual abuse, financial abuse. Domestic violence crosses all social, economic, cultural, educational, and religious boundaries. Domestic violence is NEVER the fault of the victim.
How Does Kamagra Oral Jelly Stack Up To The Science: Buy Kamagra jelly
Abuse is ALWAYS the responsibility and choice of the abuser.
THE CENTER FOR DOMESTIC VIOLENCE PREVENTION
P.O. Box 5090
San Mateo, CA 94402
Business Line: 650-652-0800
24-Hour Support Line: 650-312-8515
Contact our Program Manager
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
or TTY 1-800-787-3224